We have been working extremely hard and made considerable investment during the lockdown period to create a safe and comfortable environment for all our climbers and visitors…After months of waiting, we re-opened on 1st August and have enjoyed giving our customers a well-deserved fun-filled summer! We have received excellent feedback so far for the measures we have put in place. A key principle that we have been adopting is KEEP THE CLIMBER CLEAN, and we hope we can continue to count on your support combined with all the positive developments we have recently made to our centre to ensure this.
Please make sure that everyone within your booking arrives at Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich clean and not displaying any COVID-19 symptoms prior to and on the day of your visit – contact us straight away if anybody is displaying COVID-19 symptoms so we can rearrange your session and help keep everyone safe.
Here is a breakdown of the main changes we have implemented for a safe return for Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich in accordance with government guidelines:
- Face Coverings – all staff will wear the necessary face covering for their specific roles in accordance with government guidelines and have all received the required training prior to re-opening. As of 24th September, customers should wear their own face coverings when visiting Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich in accordance with government guidelines, but you don’t have to wear face coverings whilst climbing or when seated in the cafe.
- All climbing sessions must be booked online before entering the centre moving forward. Our booking page is very mobile friendly and you can even book onto a session up until 10 minutes before the start time, subject to availability! As of 14th September, you cannot book online for a group size larger than 6 people unless you fall within the exceptions to the new government laws in place. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you fall under these exceptions.
- Increased daily deep cleaning of entire centre, increased hand sanitiser stations, one-way systems, and improved signage during your visit and reminders for everyone to stay safe & clean.
- If you have made a booking and someone within your booking group develops COVID-19 symptoms, please email us straight away and we will reschedule your session for after 14 days from your original booking date.
- Opening times have been shortened until further notice to allow sufficient time for staff to complete regular daily deep cleaning of the entire centre.
- Climbing session numbers have been reduced to help maintain social distancing and we will be using our party rooms upstairs as an additional safety briefing area – 3 brand new walls have also been installed to further help this.
- Non-climbing adults can enter the arena to help as ‘clippers’ in orange bibs during ALL sessions, provided they have attended the safety briefing, but ONLY for children 8 years and under. We strictly allow a maximum of 1 adult to enter in the arena per 2 children. Our friendly team of staff will be available to help climbers during all sessions to make sure everyone is safe and having fun! All other visitors can watch from our cafe upstairs where you can relax and enjoy our great food & drink menu, which has a large seating and viewing area.
- All climbers will need to wait in our new waiting zone once checked in at reception – please arrive 10 minutes before your session start time, but no earlier.
- Our additional challenges (Vertical Drop Slide & Leap of Faith) are currently closed, but will remain under review whilst we continue to monitor government guidelines.
- Our water fountain in the arena is available for water bottle use only – please bring your own water bottle.
- Our cafe has been split into a watching area for non-climbing visitors and a seating area – we are running table service only and we are strongly encouraging cashless payments. Please note that as of 14th September, it will be a maximum of 6 people to table at all times.
- Our arcade zone has been removed.
- All gift vouchers must be purchased online through our website.
As always, we will be working relentlessly to make sure everyone who walks through our doors has a fantastic time. All measures we have put in place are to make sure everyone can continue to enjoy visiting us safely – so let’s KEEP CLEAN…AND CARRY ON!
If you have any further questions or concerns, please email us on email@example.com.
Thank you for your ongoing support, and we will look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!
Mark & Josh – Directors
Last updated – 24/09/2020
Clip 'n Climb Ipswich is fun, healthy, social, highly inclusive and has something for all ages and experience levels...
Click below to learn more about our different climbing sessions!