Terms & Conditions
Important information for climbers
Any physical activity carries an inherent risk of bumps, bruises, grazes and other injuries. By participating in Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich, or allowing the children in your care to participate, you acknowledge and accept this risk.
Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich is potentially a dangerous activity that can lead to serious injury if important safety procedures are not followed. All participants must follow the below rules and any additional safety information provided by staff during your visit. Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich cannot be held responsible for any participants acting outside of these rules for the safety and well-being of all customers and staff:
- Climbers can only enter the arena during their designated booked climbing slot.
- Climbers must listen to the Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich staff at all times.
- Climbers must attend the mandatory safety briefing which starts at the time of your booked climbing slot – a 30 minute slot is reserved for all safety briefings unless you are booked onto an After School Clubs, Toddler Only, Nipper ‘n Clippers, Clip ‘n Fit, or SEND slots which can follow a different session structure.
- Climbers should not enter the climbing arena until the safety briefing has finished and all harnesses have been fully tightened and checked by staff.
- The minimum age for climbers on standard climbing sessions is 4 years +. Toddler Only & Nippers ‘n Clippers sessions are for 2-4 year olds. Clip ‘n Fit fitness classes are 18 years +.
- The maximum weight limit for climbers is 150kg and minimum weight is 10kg.
- The minimum height to take part in the extreme challenges (vertical drop slide or leap of faith) is 120cm.
- Climbers must dress appropriately.. Comfortable loose clothing and trainers are recommended, and long hair should be tied back. Open-toed shoes (including flip flops, sandals or crocs), climbing shoes, high heels, and loose jewellery must NOT be worn in the climbing arena, and hooded tops are not recommended – clothing or shoes are not provided by Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich.
- No baggage of any size, loose clothing, or any other objects or equipment are permitted within the climbing arena or the safety briefing room unless agreed by staff – ONLY water bottles may be taken in and must be stored on the bottle racks provided as you enter the climbing arena.
- If you are in any doubt about your level of fitness or ability to climb, you are advised to speak to the arena leader on shift or duty manager on the day before climbing. By taking part and climbing, you acknowledge that you are in a fit state of health and do not have any medical conditions that may be triggered or aggravated by participating in activities in the climbing arena.
- It is not the responsibility of Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich to know whether or not a customer is medically fit and able to climb. All participants must make Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich staff aware of any past or existing injuries or health conditions that may affect their participation, and proceed at their own risk. Any participants choosing to take part whilst pregnant (which we advise against) must inform staff and proceed at their own risk. All visitors are asked to refrain from climbing or entering the building if they have been feeling unwell.
- The below four safety rules are highlighted and repeated during all safety briefings and must be adhered to at all times for the safety of all climbers and staff members:
- Do not climb unless you are securely clipped in via the Automatic BelayMate system
- Do not walk or stand on the coloured warning mats for challenges already in use or marked coloured drop zones on the climbing arena floor – only walk on the black flooring
- Do not ‘pull down’ or create slack in the climbing line when climbing
- Do not run within the climbing arena
Important information for spectators & visitors:
- All parents or guardians remain responsible for the welfare of their child at all times.
- Adults who are not climbing can enter the climbing arena to help children as ‘clippers’ during all sessions, provided they have attended the safety briefing and wear an orange bib – entering as a clipper is free of charge and those should not be included in your numbers when making a booking.
- We allow a maximum of 1 adult to enter the arena per child 9 years or under. Whilst some children are very confident and experienced at Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich, there should always be at least one adult acting as a clipper in the arena for any bookings with children 9 years or under.
- If you have children who are above the age of 9, but you feel they require additional support, or it is their first visit, or they have SEND, please speak with our team on arrival. In addition to clippers, our arena team is available to help and support climbers during all sessions.
- All other visitors can watch from the ‘Climber Diner’ upstairs where you can relax and enjoy the food & drink menu available, which has a large seating and viewing area with a soft play.
- Only food & drink bought from the Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich can be consumed in the centre. No food or drink (except water bottles) should be brought into the centre. Birthday cakes and decorations are only allowed in our party rooms for pre-booked birthday parties organised by Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich, and cannot be brought into the general diner area as part of any climbing bookings.
- Children who are under 18 years old and not booked to climb (including toddlers & babies with prams or carrier slings) are NOT permitted within the climbing arena under any circumstances.
- Climbers who are classified as a ‘young child’ (ages 4 to 7) or a ‘child’ (ages 8-12) should have a parent or guardian present in the building at all times when visiting Clip ’n Climb Ipswich.
- If your child is 13-17 years old and you wish to leave them unattended, you must inform reception staff and leave emergency contact details.
- All participants and visitors, including parents and guardians, are welcome to take photos/videos, but Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich cannot be held responsible for photos/videos taken and used by the public. Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich will not take or use any photos for promotional purposes without first obtaining your consent.
- No animals or pets are permitted within Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich unless they are a service dog which has been trained to assist a person with a disability or medical condition.
Session specific rules:
Toddler Only or Nipper ‘n Clippers – all climbers must be 2-7 years old and be accompanied by an adult at all times – maximum 1 adult per climber. Children who are not climbing or babies (with prams or carrier slings) are not permitted in the arena. These sessions are 1 hour in duration including the safety briefing (45 minute climbing time), and all climbers have free access to the soft play area after climbing.
Pizza ‘n Climb – it is the responsibility of the booking organiser to ensure food orders are placed for these sessions before the start of the climbing session – this should be done by speaking to the staff in the ‘Climber Diner’. This helps the kitchen to prepare your food for after your session finishes. Any late orders might result in a delay.
Clip ‘n Fit Classes – all climbers must be 18 years or over to participate. Each class typically includes a 15 minute quick warm up with free-styling on our walls, followed by a 45 minute workout (some class types may vary slightly in timings). Clip ‘n Fit is suitable for all climbing abilities and fitness levels, but if you have never climbed before, you should arrive early so you can speak to the staff and familiarise yourself with our BelayMate system.
SEND – all climbers should contact Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich before visiting for the first time to discuss any special educational needs or disability requirements so staff can prepare accordingly – all relevant details should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to make sure staffing levels are sufficient and all necessary safety equipment is in position if climbers within the arena require additional support. Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich is a highly inclusive facility which aims to provide fun climbing activities for all; however, it may not be possible to deliver a safe session for all SEND conditions. It is important for the booking organiser to discuss each individual’s needs with staff before making a booking so we can discuss the delivery of our climbing sessions.
*All other climbing session types follow the same format as standard ‘Just Climb’ climbing slots, apart from the after school climbing clubs during term time which follow the similar 1 hour format as Toddler Only or Nipper ‘n Clippers sessions.
All general climbing sessions and birthday parties must be booked online via the Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich website & booking system – all bookings must be made by an adult aged 18 years old or over. All other group or event bookings should be booked through our events team – you can either complete an online enquiry form or email email@example.com.
In completing any booking with Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich, you accept all the Terms & Conditions specified on this website, and must ensure safety waivers are signed for all climbers. Please do not make a booking with Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich or purchase any related products or vouchers until you have read and understood all the Terms and Conditions.
All standard climbing sessions, birthday parties, group bookings, or events must be paid for in full before your booking date/time, otherwise you will not be allowed to participate. Booking confirmations will be delivered by email to the email address provided through our online booking system or by a member of our events team.
Please note that we strongly advise arriving at least 5 minutes before your scheduled booking slot to allow you to check in at reception so you are ready to start your session on time. Each standard climbing session booking slot is 1 hour and 30 minutes in duration – including your 30 minute safety briefing and harness fitting, and 1 hour of climbing. All opening times and availability can be viewed on our online booking system via our website.
The Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich online booking system is mobile friendly and you can book onto a session up until 10 minutes before the start time, subject to availability.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Despite the best planning possible, we appreciate that life happens and you may need to cancel your booking with us:
For all climbing sessions booked online:
If you wish to cancel or amend your booking, we can rearrange your session or issue a full or part refund for cancellations made up until 48 hours before your booking time slot – full details must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel a booking (phone calls or other forms of social media communication will not be accepted). If your booking is placed within 48 hours of your booking time slot, you will not be eligible for a refund if you make a cancellation.
If you cancel your booking between 48 and 24 hours before your booking time slot, we can rearrange your booking for another time with no expiry date or restriction. If you wish to amend your booking by cancelling any climbers, we can create a re-book code for you to use on a future booking with no expiry date or restriction.
If you cancel your booking within 24 hours before your booking time slot, we can rearrange your booking with no expiry date, but only for an off-peak time slot. If you wish to amend your booking by cancelling any climbers, we can create a re-book code for you to use on a future booking with no expiry date, but only for an off-peak time slot. Off-peak booking slots are from 3pm and are available midweek and weekends.
In the event of any no-shows on the day, where any climbers fail to show up for a session with no prior warning, the booking will be forfeited with absolutely no right to a refund or rescheduling.
Our refund policy applies to your original booking date and 48 hours before that particular booking time slot; if you decide to move your booking, you will not be eligible for a refund based on your new booking date. Active discount codes or gift vouchers must be applied during the online booking process – they cannot be added once a booking has been confirmed and processed online. Only one discount or gift voucher can be used per booking. If you have multiple voucher codes, you should process separate bookings to redeem each voucher.
Please also note that refunds will not be provided if a government enforced lockdown is imposed, or if adverse weather conditions cause Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich to close for health & safety reasons; however, you will not lose your booking, and you will be able to reschedule at any time once Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich has reopened with no expiry date.
For Birthday Parties:
A £100 deposit is requested in order to book your birthday party with Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich, which will be non-refundable if cancelled within 28 days of your birthday party booking date. You can update your party numbers by emailing email@example.com up until 7 days before your party when the remaining party balance must be paid. Whilst we can appreciate that some children may drop out at the last minute (e.g. due to sickness), unfortunately we will be unable to provide a refund for these individuals within the 7 day period once you have confirmed your final birthday party numbers. Our minimum number for a birthday party is 8 so your final amount payable is based on this minimum number despite last minute cancellations from individuals within the birthday party – you should email firstname.lastname@example.org for all birthday party cancellations. Please note active discount codes or gift vouchers cannot be applied to birthday party bookings.
For Group Bookings & Events:
Full payment is required in order to book your group climbing session or event with Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich. We will issue a full refund for cancellations made up until 7 days before your booking slot. In cases where a deposit has been paid, this is non-refundable for cancellations made within 28 days of the event date. Final number of participants will need to be confirmed with our events team at least 7 days before your booking date – please note that your final number of confirmed participants will be payable and is non-deductible should less people attend on the day. Please email email@example.com for all group booking cancellations. Active discount codes or gift vouchers cannot be applied to group bookings or events.
Lockers are available to store items securely free of charge and all items are stored at your own risk. Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich will not accept any responsibility for loss, theft or damage to valuables or any personal possessions that belong to any customer or guests during their visit.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for all lost property enquiries. If your item is found, it will be held for a maximum period of one month, after which time the item will be donated to charity if it remains unclaimed. Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich accepts no responsibility for returning lost property items directly to you, or for any items that remain unclaimed within this time frame.
Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich will not accept any antisocial or abusive behaviour in the climbing arena or anywhere within the centre. If any customers or visitors are abusive to any other visitors or staff members, Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich reserves the right to request any offending persons to leave the premises without any refund.
There is a zero tolerance approach to banned substances. Consumption of alcohol is also prohibited unless this has been agreed as part of a private event booking; if approved by Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich staff, alcohol is only to be consumed by visitors after they have finished climbing.
Customers are not permitted to take part in climbing activities under the influence of alcohol; Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich staff reserve the right to refuse access to the arena if they suspect you may be under the influence of alcohol or any banned substance. Those bringing unauthorised alcohol or any banned substances into the centre will be asked to leave.
Clip ‘n Ipswich provides free car parking for visitors – one small car park is positioned at the front of the centre by the entrance and another larger car park is positioned directly behind the centre. There are up to 70 spaces available and there is natural turnover of cars entering and leaving the premises, but occasionally during peak periods (such as weekends or school holidays), there may be times where finding a car parking space on arrival may be difficult. In this situation, we recommend speaking to the Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich reception team who will be able to help.
All visitors using the car parks at Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich do so at their own risk. Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich will not be held responsible for any loss, injury, or damage sustained to customer vehicles or their contents left within the car park. Please note there are no CCTV cameras in the car parks at Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich. All visitors to the Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich car park should adhere to the Highway Code and must obey all signage. You must ensure that your vehicle is parked in an appropriate manner at all times within the marked areas.
Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich provides EV Charging points in the large car park behind the centre – these are powered by the third party provider Alfa Power and are not the responsibility of Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich. You must follow the details on the charging points to use and pay for EV charging. You should only park in the two EV charging bays if you are charging your car. Alfa Power has cameras in place for any visitors parked in the EV charging bays who are not charging their cars – fines will be issued by Alfa Power as required. Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich will not be held responsible for any car parking fines issued on behalf of Alfa Power.
By entering the Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich car park, you confirm that you have read and understood the above terms and conditions set out above.
Cafe & Diner
Only food & drink bought from the Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich ‘Climber Diner’ can be consumed in the centre. No food or drink (except water bottles) should be brought into the centre. There is a water fountain within our climbing arena so you can bring your own water bottle to fill up during your climbing session – but only water is allowed within the climbing arena. We are also happy for you to bring your own reusable coffee cups for when placing a takeaway order from our diner. Birthday cakes and decorations are only allowed in our party rooms for pre-booked birthday parties organised by Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich, and cannot be brought into the general diner area as part of any climbing bookings.
Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich operates a one-system – visitors should access the diner by using the back staircase by the toilets and visitors should exit the diner by using the front staircase near the soft play. Diner visitors should not move tables or chairs without speaking to staff.
Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich staff provide table service to customers during weekends and school holidays, but during off-peak periods (midweek term time) customers may be asked to place orders at the counter.
If you are dissatisfied with the service you have received in our cafe, please speak to our diner leader on shift or manager on the day. Full or partial refunds are available at the discretion of the diner leader or duty manager.
A three-tiered soft play is available for customer use – see website opening times for more details. Entry to the soft play should be purchased upstairs in the cafe by speaking to a member of the ‘Climber Diner’ team – soft play cannot be booked online and is not included within the booking of standard climbing sessions. Online climbing bookings for the Toddler Only or Nippers ‘n Clippers sessions include free access to soft play for any booked climbers aged 2-7 years old – free soft play entry is not available to any other booked climbers.
All parents or guardians who have either purchased entry to the soft play for their child or booked their child onto one of the above climbing sessions will be provided a soft play wristband which should be worn by the soft play user at all times. All soft play wristbands are valid for the day of purchase and cannot be reused. Any children who are not wearing a wristband will be asked to leave the soft play. The Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich soft play is separate to the climbing arena and is designed primarily to support families with younger children who are unable to climb.
Important Soft Play Rules:
- Age limit – 7 years old
- Soft play capacity – 30 children total
- Children using the soft play must be accompanied in the ‘Climber Diner’ area at all times by a parent or guardian
- Children remain the responsibility of their parent or guardian at all times
- Children should use the toilet and wash their hands before entering the soft play
- Children must be dressed appropriately for using the soft play. Comfortable loose clothing is recommended, and long hair should be tied back. Shoes and jewellery should not be worn within the soft play and socks must be worn at all times
- No baggage of any size, loose clothing, or any other objects or equipment are permitted within soft play
- Children who are feeling unwell should not enter the soft play
- No food or drink should be taken into the soft play area
- Children should not play in front of the slide exits and should not climb up the slides
- Children should not climb on the netted walls or the external soft play structure
- No balls or soft shapes within the soft play should be thrown at other users or outside the soft play area
- Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich will not accept any antisocial behaviour by soft play users, parents or guardians. Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich reserves the right to request any offending persons to leave the premises without any refund
If you have a question about these terms & conditions, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: email@example.com
By post: Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich – 2 Berwick Road, The Havens, Ransomes Europark, IP3 9ST
Thank you for taking the time to read our Terms & Conditions.
Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich