Waiver & Disclaimer:
Standard Climbing Arena Rules:
- All participants can only climb during their booked climbing session.
- All participants must attend the safety briefing as part of their booked climbing session.
- All participants should not enter the climbing arena until the safety briefing has concluded and harnesses have been fully tightened and checked by our staff.
- Do not climb unless you are securely clipped in via the Automatic BelayMate system.
- Do not walk or stand on the purple coloured warning mats for challenges already in use or marked drop zones on the climbing arena floor – only walk on the black flooring.
- Do not ‘pull down’ on the climbing line whilst climbing.
- Do not run within the climbing arena.
- The minimum age for participation is 4 years old (unless attending a toddler session).
- The maximum weight limit for participants is 150kg.
- The minimum height to take part in extreme challenges (vertical drop slide or leap of faith) is 120cm.
- All participants must dress appropriately for climbing. Comfortable loose clothing and trainers are recommended, and long hair should be tied back. Open-toed shoes, climbing shoes, high heels, hooded tops, or loose jewellery must not be worn in the climbing arena.
- No baggage of any size, loose clothing, or any other objects or equipment are allowed within the arena or the safety briefing room – only water bottles may be taken in and must be stored on the bottle racks provided.
- If you are in any doubt about your ability to participate, we advise that you speak to a member of Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich staff. By taking part, you acknowledge that you are in a fit state of health to participate and do not have a medical condition that may be triggered or aggravated by participating in activities in the climbing arena.
- It is not the responsibility of Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich to know whether or not a customer is medically fit and able to climb. All participants must make Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich staff aware of any past or existing injuries or health conditions that may affect your participation. Any customers choosing to take part when pregnant (which we advise against) must inform us of their pregnancy and proceed at their own risk. We also kindly ask participants to refrain from climbing if they have been feeling unwell.
Important information for Spectators & Visitors:
- All parents or guardians remain responsible for the welfare of their child at all times.
- Non-climbing adults can enter the arena to help as ‘clippers’ in orange bibs during ALL sessions, provided they have attended the safety briefing, but ONLY for children 8 years and under.
- We strictly allow a maximum of 1 adult to enter the arena per child – our friendly team of staff will be available to help climbers during all sessions to make everyone’s safe and having fun!
- All other visitors can watch from our cafe upstairs where you can relax and enjoy our great food & drink menu, which has a large seating and viewing area.
- Non-climbing children (under 18 years old), toddlers, or babies are NOT permitted within the arena for insurance and H&S reasons.
- All children up to & including 12 years old should have a parent, or adult guardian present in the building at all times when using the Clip ’n Climb Ipswich facility.
- If your child is 13-17 years old and you wish to leave them unattended, please inform reception staff and leave emergency contact details.
- All participants and guests, including parents and guardians, are welcome to take photos/videos during their experience, but we cannot be held responsible for photos/videos taken and used by the public. Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich will not take or use any photos for promotional purposes without first obtaining written consent.
Session Specific Rules:
- Toddler Sessions – All participants must be 2-4 years old and be accompanied by an adult at all times – maximum 1 adult per child. Young children who are not climbing or babies (and prams) are not permitted in the arena. Toddler sessions are 45 minutes and include free access to the soft play area upstairs after climbing.
- SEND Friendly – We ask for all participants with any special educational needs or disability requirements to contact us in advance so we can prepare our staff – please email all relevant details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange to call you back if required. It is important that we ensure our staffing levels are correct and suitable if participants within the arena require additional support. It is also crucial that we ensure we have all the necessary safety equipment available.
- Clip ‘n Fit Classes – All participants must be 18 years and over to participate. Each class typically includes a quick warm up free-styling on our walls, followed by a 45 minute workout (some class types may vary in timing). Clip ‘n Fit is suitable for all climbing abilities and fitness levels, but if you have never climbed with us before, we strongly recommend arriving early so you can familiarise yourself with our BelayMate system.
- Climb ‘n Dine (includes Height ‘n Bites & Senior Climbing Club) – it is the responsibility of the booking organiser to ensure food orders are placed for Climb ‘n Dine sessions at the cafe before the start of the climbing session. This is so our kitchen can prepare your food for when your session finishes. Any orders placed after climbing sessions might result in a slight delay.
- Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich will not accept any antisocial behaviour in the climbing arena or anywhere within the centre.
- If any customers or guests are abusive to any other visitor or a member of our staff, Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich reserves the right to remove the offending person from the premises without any refund.
- There is a zero tolerance approach to banned substances. Consumption of alcohol is prohibited unless this has been agreed as part of a private event booking where alcohol is only to be consumed by customers after they have finished climbing in the arena. Those bringing unauthorised alcohol or banned substances into the centre will be asked to leave.
- Customers are not permitted to take part in climbing activities under the influence of alcohol or banned substances; Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich staff reserve the right to refuse access to the arena if they suspect you may be under the influence of alcohol or any banned substances.
- Any climbers, spectators or general visitors are not permitted to consume food or drink at Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich unless it has been purchased from our on-site cafe.
- We are also happy for you to bring your own reusable coffee cups for when placing an order from our cafe.
- No cakes or decorations linked to a birthday or celebration may be brought into our cafe unless you have booked an official Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich event through our Events Coordinator.
- Our catering team can provide cakes if you are not part of one of our own events, but still would like a cake to enjoy on the day – please email email@example.com to book and purchase.
- Booking onto a standard Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich session does not include use of the soft play.
- You must purchase a separate wristband for this activity from the cafe and ensure your children are wearing them.
- All children entering the soft play must be under 6 years old and have removed their shoes and are wearing socks.
- All parents or guardians remain responsible for the welfare of their child at all times whilst using the soft play.
Bookings must be made by those aged 18+. In making any booking with Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich, you accept all the Terms & Conditions specified. Please do not make a booking with Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich or purchase any related products or vouchers until you have read and understood all the Terms and Conditions.
All standard climbing sessions, private hire, group bookings, parties and corporate team building events must be paid for in advance, otherwise you or your group will not be allowed to participate.
Booking confirmations will be delivered by email to the email address provided through our booking system online or by a member of our team when making a birthday party or group event booking. If you do not receive your booking confirmation, please contact us immediately so that we can re-send to an alternative email address.
Please note that we strongly advise arriving 5-10 minute before your scheduled booking slot to allow you enough time to sign in at reception so you are fully prepared for climbing session. Each climbing session booking slot is 1 hour and 30 minutes in duration – including your 30 minute safety briefing and harness fitting, and your 1 hour climbing session. All opening times and availability can be found on our website and booking page.
Cancellations & Refund Policy:
Despite the best planning possible, we appreciate that life happen and you may need to cancel your booking with us:
Standard Climbing Sessions:
Full payment is required in order to book your standard climbing session with Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich. Once you have booked your climbing session online via our website, we will issue a full refund for cancellations made up until 48 hours before your booking time slot. If your booking is placed within 48 hours before your booking time slot, you will not be eligible for a refund if you make a cancellation. Please email full details to firstname.lastname@example.org for any cancellations – phone calls or other forms of social media will not be accepted as a confirmation for a cancellation.
In the event of any no-shows (where a customer fails to show up for a session with no prior warning), the customer’s session will be forfeited with no absolutely no right of refund or reschedule. Our refund policy is applicable to your original booking date and 48 hours before that particular booking time slot; if you decide to move your booking, you will not be eligible for a refund based on your new booking date. Active discount codes or gift vouchers must be applied during the online booking process – they cannot be added once a booking has been confirmed and processed online.
A £100 deposit is requested in order to book your birthday party with Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich, which will be non-refundable if cancelled within 28 days of your birthday party date. Our Events Co-ordinator will contact you 7 days before your party date to confirm your final birthday party numbers; this will allow us to calculate your final amount payable for the day of the birthday party. Whilst we can appreciate that some children may not drop out last minute (e.g. due to sickness), unfortunately we will not be able to refund for these individuals within the 7 day period once you have confirmed your final birthday party numbers. Our minimum number for a birthday party is 10 so your final amount payable would always be based this minimum despite last minutes cancellations from individuals within the birthday party. Please email email@example.com for all birthday party cancellations. Active discount codes or gift vouchers cannot be applied to birthday party bookings.
Full payment is required in order to book your group climbing session with Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich. We will issue a full refund for cancellations made up until 7 days before your booking slot. In cases where a deposit has been paid, this is non-refundable for cancellations made within 28 days of the event date. Final number of participants will need to be confirmed with the Events Co-ordinator at least 7 days before the event date – please note that this number will be payable and is non-deductible should less people attend on the event day. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for all group cancellations. Active discount codes or gift vouchers cannot be applied to group bookings.
Food & Drink:
Customers and guests are not permitted to consume food or drink at Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich unless it has been purchased from our on-site Paddy & Scott’s cafe. There is a water fountain within our climbing arena so you can to bring your own water bottle to fill up during your session – but only water is allowed within the climbing arena. We are also happy for you to bring your own reusable coffee cups for when placing an order from our Paddy & Scott’s cafe. No cakes or decorations linked to birthday parties may be brought into our cafe.
Lockers are available to store items securely and all items are stored at your own risk. Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich will NOT accept any responsibility for loss, theft or damage to valuables or any personal possessions that belong to any customer or guest during their visit to our centre.
Please email email@example.com for all lost property inquiries. If your item is found, it will be held for a maximum period of one month, after which time the item will be donated to charity if it remains unclaimed. Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich accepts no responsibility for returning lost property items to you, or for any items that remain unclaimed within this time frame.
Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich will not accept any antisocial behaviour in the climbing arena or anywhere within the centre. If any customers or guests are abusive to any other visitor or a member of our staff, Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich reserves the right to remove the offending person from the premises without any refund.
There is a zero tolerance approach to banned substances. Consumption of alcohol is prohibited unless this has been agreed as part of a private event booking, where alcohol is only to be consumed by customers after they have finished climbing in the arena. Those bringing unauthorised alcohol into the centre will be asked to leave. Customers are not permitted to take part in climbing activities under the influence of alcohol; Clip ‘n Climb Ipswich staff reserve the right to refuse access to the arena if they suspect you may be under the influence of alcohol or any banned substance.